Hey everyone, I'm excited to have Rebecca from Living Better Together as a guest blogger today! Take it away Rebecca:
Hi, I'm Rebecca from Living Better Together and I'm so excited to be guest posting for Stephanie here at Simply Dream & Create today. I'm a lifestyle blogger, blogging about anything from Film Reviews to Ultimate Chocolate Cakes. I also host the TGIF Link Party every Thursday at 8pm EST. I hope you'll stop by and visit me when you leave here!
I don't know about you, but we've had some relatively warm weather here in Maine for October. Sunshine and in the 60s and 70s almost every day, it's been beautiful. So because of this weather we're having, it seemed only natural to make a chilled dessert with the warm flavors of fall.
I spotted these cookies in the grocery store a few weeks ago and knew I needed to make something with them, what better than a simple icebox cake. I love how the whipped cream softens these cookies even more for a delicious layered spoonful of fall. The candied pecans on top are the so called Icing on the Cake, the sugar and crunch are the perfect addition to this smooth and creamy dessert!
Makes 2 individual trifles
- 1 package Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies by Pepperidge Farm
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Candied Pecans (Get the recipe here)
- Combine whipping cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon whipping cream into trifle dish to cover the bottom, place a cookie on top, add another layer of whipped cream. Continue until you reach the top, your last layer should be whipped cream.
- Top with candied pecans and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
Thanks so much Rebecca! That cake looks delicious and easy to make!
If you'd like to be a guest blogger on Simply Dream & Create please e-mail me at simplydreamandcreate(at)gmail(dot)com. : )