Hey all! Today I have a guest blogger, Anamiks Sureka, here to share with you all how to make an Indian recipe! First a short bio about Anamiks:
Fond of cooking Anamika is the owner of Indian baby blog. Anamiks loves DIY and trying out healthy food for her toddler daughter. You can check out her lunch box ideas and her Indian makeup blog.
Paneer Spinach Paratha ( Indian cheese spinach flat bread Recipe)
Indian Bread or Parantha is a quinessential food item in every household. Iti s a delight to have this type of bread with special dishes in the vegetarian & non-vegetarian food course. Parantha is also an extensive meal as unlike chapati it is more easy to combine with pickles & vegetable curries.
There are many kinds of Parantha varieties being prepared in every house in India. There are different stuffings put inside the paranthas to give them a better taste and variety. The there are many ingredients which are combied with wheat flour aand made a dough to get a new form of paranthas. One such kind of Parantha recipe is being shared here. It is actually a mix of indian cheese (paneer) & spinach puree! The main ingredients for this parantha are as under-
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 100-200 grams paneer
- Spinach (puree) of it.You can use any left over cooked green veggies as well
- Salt (as per taste)
- Green chillis (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoon oil/ghee
Method of Preparation-
- Prepare the puree of the spinach by first washing it properly to remove any dust particles from it. Now give a boil to the spinach leaves in sufficient water. As the spinach cools down drain excess water and blend it to form a smooth puree.
- Now all the other ingredients are taken in a big bowl and mixed together with water to form a soft dough. Divide the dough in equal sized balls (as per servings)
- Now take each ball of dough and roll it to form a round paratha.
- Put the roled parantha over the frying pan/ dosa pan, whichever is available with you, on medium flame.
- Let one side cook and spread some ghee/oil on the other surface. Repeat this with the other side until the parantha is cooked properly and the sides don’t look uncooked.
- With the help of tongs transfer it to a tissue paper to absorb the excess ghhe/oil. The Paneer Spinach Parantha is ready to be served with your desired dip or chutney.
Thanks for that great recipe Anamika, it looks delicious!